[Update 26 October: Turns out all you need to do to embed a tweet is copy the link to the tweet and paste it into your post. Voila!]
Want to embed a tweet in one of your blog posts? Here’s a run down on how to do it.
- Go to twitter.com and find the tweet you want to embed.
- Click on the tweet to expand it
- Scroll down to the bottom the tweet and look for the ellipsis (…)
- Click on the ellipsis and choose Embed tweet
- Copy the embed code.
- Open up your blog post to edit it.
- Click on the Text tab.
- Put your cursor where you want the tweet to appear and paste in the embed code.
The tweet will look something like this:
… ie it doesn’t look very fancy in the edit view. Don’t panic! It will get fancied up once you publish your post.
- Publish your post as normal. Note when your post is published, the tweet will look something like this (if it has media like an image included in it):
— Kylie Burgess (@itskylieburgess) October 2, 2016
Or like this (if it doesn’t have media embedded in it):
A step-by-step guide to getting rid of procrastination https://t.co/Shm6F7WLzB Step 1: stop reading articles seen on Twitter…
— Kate Davis (@katiedavis) September 23, 2016
And that’s it!
Shout out if you need a hand with embedding tweets.